Wednesday 11 July 2012

I'm not in the Mood!



Tomorrow marks the start of our new 'I'm not in the Mood' sex game. My husband and I were reading an article on the worlds heaviest woman losing over 44kgs just by having a lot of sex (read here.) The following quote really stood out to me and although I can certainly fit into sexy lingerie, the thought of this made me cringe.

"My bed is strengthened and, although I can’t buy sexy lingerie, I drape a nice sheet over me.”

So it got my husband and I talking, we're both on a fitness binge at the moment and we certainly have sex more often than the average married couple but according to my husband, he has a much higher sex drive and I couldn't keep up with him. Competition! My brain is buzzing, hook, line and sinker he's got me. Anybody who knows me can understand that I have a highly addictive personality and I have never been able to knock back a challenge. So cue our game, first person to not be in the mood for sex loses.


So I'll admit, although I have a fantastic sex life, I'm not always in the mood.  After a day of the kids screaming, a poo-splosion on my favourite pj's (I was going to lie and say shirt but we all know I live in my pj's,) the house is a mess, I'm behind on the washing and I still have a billion things to do, the last thing on my mind is sex. I'm hoping that this game is going to change the way I think about sex, I want it to be something I look forward to, I want to learn to acknowledge that I'm not a man, I'm not going to be 'in the mood' until I let myself get into the mood.  Really how hard is it to sacrifice a small portion of my day to sex, I may not be in the mood when I'm propositioned but I'm damn sure I'll get into once we start.  So I've managed to forget about all the crap I have that giddy smile that can only be achieved by a little bit of special loving and  my husband is in a great mood and  more willing to help around the house because he feels like a man (strange creatures aren't they?)  





No comments:

Post a Comment